Monday, May 3, 2010

Remember when The Simpsons were funny and not disturbing?


The Simpsons Ke$ha (Tik Tok) Opening Skit May 2nd 2010

Although I kinda like Bart as Diddy (is that a currently accurate moniker for him? Diddy?) and Martin getting a pedi. But still. This just put me in a bad mood.

In other news, I am sleeping again.

I don't know if you knew this about me, but I stopped sleeping for a while. 16 days to be exact. I went to the doctor hoping for some xanax and left with a prescription for ambien. I know! What a dick!

I am terrified of ambien. There are many horror stories out there- mostly from my own family members. One time, my mom awoke in the middle of the night to find my dad in an ambien-stupor, riffling through the kitchen cupboards and unable to answer her queries as to what the fuck he was doing. Or our very own fellow butterface, Brooke. Took an ambien on a flight to Paris, immediately puked on herself, passed out, then couldn't sleep through an entire Parisian vacay because of this evil drug's "non-habit forming" side effects. Not cool, man.

I have yet to take the ambien- and should I ever have to, I have instructed my husband to hide my car keys and lock up the refrigerator. I am slowly recovering from insomnia with help from overdoses of melatonin, calms forte, mellow moments tea, and allergy medication. I have had and entire SEVEN NIGHTS IN A ROW of sleep. At least 5 hours worth a night, and HOO boy! Do I feel like a million bucks? Hell bells! Do I EVER!
Plus restaurant week just ended, but that is a whole other post for me to go wah all over.

Not much in smutty going on. Brett Michaels is still hanging in there, and Sandra and the gross-sweaty-bald-racist-tattooed-piece-of-shit, plus secret adopted kid is old news. Can I just say that I thought he was disgusting before it was cool to think he's disgusting? Because I totally did.

I shall leave you all with this fashion no-no. Oh Peaches.

Photobucket
The urge to hit you across the head with a rolled up newspaper is strong.
Dlisted

~Britt

7 comments:

  1. so I gather CK's hippie breathing technique didn't work?

    and, yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maga takes Ambien with no problem. Must be the Adams blood. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh, something you and that dewsh Peter have in common. And, until recently, this one 5 month-old that I know. You know what worked for Zeph? Naps, and lots of 'em! Besides, you can't drug a baby or those fuckers from the County show up on your doorstep.

    Ambien never worked for me. I took one for a flight once, with a half a bottle of champagne, and I still didn't sleep. Took one the night before I went into labor, too, and still woke up to pee 5 times. That coulda been the rubber tube hanging out of my cervix keeping me up, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke- oddly enough, breathing did not put me to sleep. Tell CK to keep his fancy new age gobbletygook with his Indian hair tampons.

    Kris- Damn Irish.

    Heather- Peter has the excuse of being a bitchy artist.
    So was Z-dogg constipated and suffering from insomnia? Because that is what hell must be like. I keep telling myself, at least I can poop. The only thing worse than insomnia is irregularity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He only shits once a week, but it's not constipation (it still comes out like a slightly grainy butterscotch pudding). Freaks me the fuck out, but I hear it's normal. /shrug

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is some genteel ladies-who-lunch type discourse, no doubt.

    That photo gets my inner teabag all a-tingly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather- that sounds delicious

    Peter- could you expect anything less from us? The answer is yes. But I didn't mention poop or farts or taints ONCE in this post. Only in the comment thread.

    ReplyDelete